DONATIONS & MEMORABILIA
The New Zealand Music Hall of Fame is a non-profit trust that is wholly funded by its trustees. As such, we do not require public donations, but we do ask that anyone thinking of making a contribution consider donating to our official charity, the New Zealand Music Foundation.
The Foundation supports projects across New Zealand that use music to change the lives of those in need. They also provide vital support at times of hardship to members of the New Zealand music community.
The Foundation makes music projects possible at youth organisations, hospices, schools, medical charities, rehabilitation centres and more right across the country. They also give emergency assistance to those in the music community who find themselves experiencing illness, distress and hardship.
You can find out more about the Foundations work and how to donate HERE.
ARTIFACTS & MEMORABILIA DONATIONS
Objects for the upcoming exhibition at Auckland Museum are closed-off. However, if you have music objects of interest then we would still love to hear from you!
It is our objective to protect and preserve NZ music history for future generations. In the longer term, we hope to have our own facility to display this memorabilia. In the short term, we will register objects and if required, we will work with our partners at Auckland Museum to archive objects of interest in the interim.
The NZ Music Hall of Fame seeks materials that will help tell the stories of both inductees, as well as NZ contemporary in general. Please note that we do not purchase items, and cannot give appraisals or estimate the value of memorabilia.
Examples of objects we are interested in are:
- stage wear
- rare concert posters
- show programs & set lists
- some record collections that comprehensively represent one artist
- hand-written lyrics
- collections of defunct rock magazines & street press
- out-of-print books on NZ music
- vintage licensed merchandise
Examples of objects we are NOT interested in are:
- general record collections from the Sixties till now
- newspaper clippings
- concert t-shirts
- drawings, paintings, portraits, sculptures or other rock and roll-related artworks
If you have items that you think may be of interest please email us with the following information:
- Your name, address & phone number;
- The artist to whom the object pertains (if more than one artist, please use one email per artist);
- A short description of the object(s);
- If possible, a photo of the object(s).
Please email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org